- Do not wash your hair for at least 48 hours after your extensions have been fitted.The bonds need to set and this will help avoid hair shedding in the future.
- wash your hair a maximum of twice a week if possible,this will put less stress on your hair.Dry shampoo can be used to freshen hair between washes.
- Take care when washing and brushing your extensions.
- when washing it is better to stand in the shower or keep your head upright in the bath when rinsing to avoid tangling or matting.
- do not scrub hair on scalp,just gently run fingers between bonds when washing and rinsing.
- you may use your usual shampoo/ conditioner but do try to avoid bonded area with conditioner when rinsing.(please note it is better to use shampoos which are designed for hair extension use),which do not have silicone in,this will prolong the life of the bond hence the extensions lasting longer,i will give you a list of products to use.
- take your time! Try not to tangle your hair too much.
- for best results wrap hair in a towel for about 20 minutes to soak up as much water as possible.When combing damp hair,support bonds by holding hair mid length and comb working your way up the hair shaft,section by section-combing ends first up to the root.
- blow-dry as usual avoiding too much heat on bonded areas this will weaken them leading to hair loss-(extension shedding).Style as usual.
- You can straighten,curl and brush your hair extensions as you would your natural hair,I would advise investing in a specialised hair extension brush,this will put less strain on the bond.Hair extension starter kits are available on request,including extension brush & products needed.
- Also to keep extensions looking great you could invest in a protein spray for lengths and ends.This will help protect the hair as it is not nourished from the root.
- try not to over brush the hair extensions this will help reduce any unnecessary shedding,it is normal to loose a small amount of hair when washing and brushing.
- you may notice itching on the scalp when first fitted,this is normal as it takes a little time for the natural hair to adjust.
- After having hair extensions fitted you may find the hair shedding a little and you may lose the odd bond; anything from 1 to 10 is not abnormal.
I can not stress enough the importance of looking after your new hair extensions.You must be prepared to take care of them properly. They need washing, drying and styling, just taking a little extra time - the results are worth it!
*Prepare for a glamorous makeover!